Aromatherapy Certification Program
On-line Course Description and Overview
Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Program (ACP) is an entry level online certification course offering comprehensive training and certification in the safe and therapeutic use of essential oils. Students who complete the certification program go on to provide professional aromatherapy consultations, custom blending services and product formulation services for private practice and commercial industries.
Students complete course work at their own pace. ACP coursework includes videos of 50 essential oil blending excises,
Essential Oil Blending and Application
History of Aromatherapy
Safety and Contraindications
Methods of Extraction
Quality & Purity
Anatomy and Physiology
Essential Oils Therapeutics
Formulations & Product Development
Consultation and Business Skills
Ethics & Professional Standards
Essential Oil Chemistry
Blending for Special Populations
- The chemistry and therapeutics of over 80 essential oils
- How to blend essential oils.
- How to use hydrosols and essences.
- How to make balms, salves and butters.
- How to make aromatherapy inhalers and diffusing blends.
- How to make herbal infusions
- How to properly use blending, mixing an measuring tools
- Where to purchase quality blending ingredients
Who can take this course
Course Goals and Objectives
- Learn to make a wide variety of aromatherapy body care, personal care and home care products to support health and wellness.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the safe and therapeutic use of over 80 essential oils and hydrosols.
- Attain confidence in your ability to consult with clients and create blends that are both safe and helpful.
- Develop an appreciation for the subtle energetics of essential oils and their amazing potential to support emotional well.
- Have a clear understanding of the chemistry of essential oil, potential safety hazards, therapeutic properties and application.
- How to formulate commercial products.
- Learn how to structure fees for professional aromatherapy services, products and consultations so that you can successfully begin a career as a professional aromatherapist.
- To have fun and enjoy yourself as you learn the art and science of aromatherapy.
What do Certified Aromatherapist do
- Provide professional aromatherapy consultations
- Create custom blended products for private clients
- Product formulation
- Create unique aromatherapy products and product lines
- Consult with spas, wellness centers, corporations and other industries.
- Create amazing aromatherapy wellness products for self, family & friends
- Teach classes on aromatherapy
- Use your skills in your current profession
- Sell essential oils
Topics of ACP Study
Our goal at Wildwoods is to give Aromatherapist a foundation of knowledge that enables them to create beautiful aromatherapy blends while giving equal consideration to aroma, energetics, chemistry and safety.
- Methods of Extraction
- Blending Guidelines
- Contraindications & General Safety
- Essential Oil Chemistry
- Purity, Testing & Sustainability
- Toxicology & Contraindications
- Anatomy & Physiology*
- The Ethics of Aromatherapy
- Subtle Energetics
- Conducting Consultations
- Skin Care and Stress Relief
- Colds, Flu & Immunity
- Pain & Inflammation
- Clinical Applications
- Pathology and Clinical Safety
- Advanced Component Blending
- Hydrolats & Complimentary Therapies
- Blending for Specialty Populations
- Product Formulations & Development
- The Business of Aromatherapy
* Students with sufficient A&P will be exempt from A&P coursework.
Requirements for graduation:
Completion of all required coursework.
*Completion of 25 case study blending practicums. * The case study portion of the program is to completed at home and students will need to have a small personal supply of about 15 essential oils along with carriers and containers. Students can use the aromatherapy supplies they already have or if supplies are needed, supplies will be available for purchase at a discount from Wildwoods.
Completion of one 8-10 page paper or approved aromatherapy project.
Pass the final exam with a 75% grade or higher.
Tuition paid in full.
Tuition for the program is $1600.00*
*Payment plans available
Tuition fees and deposits cannot be transferred or refunded for any reason.